30 by 30
Now that I'm officially closer to 30 than I am to 20, I think it's time for me to come up with a fun little challenge of accomplishments I hope to make by the time I hit the big 3-0. Some are more measurable than others, but there's a lot of great things in life that can't be measured... am I right? I'll be sure to update this list periodically, as I go.
- Learn to enjoy ONE semi-athletic behavior. Does drinking coffee count as an athletic feat?
- Visit 3 cities I've never been to before.
1. San Antonio 2. Nashville 3.
- Learn to sew.
- Double my readership.
- Keep eating cheesy breadsticks. Because why stop?
- Become an amateur photographer as a side hustle.
Working on it!
- Remodel the main floor of our house. By mostly our own labor.
Finished early June 2016
- Make a steady, monthly income from blogging and freelancing.
- Have a child... or two... or three? I wonder how many we could squeeze in before 30? Or is that a different sort of challenge? Hahaha
- Give 5 gifts "just because."
- Create a new baking recipe simply through trial and error and WRITE IT DOWN.
- Become fluent in Spanish.
- Master living simply. Materialistically, mentally, and through intentionality with time.
- Get professional photos taken.
- See Coldplay in concert.
July 2016 - Read about it!
- Have my husband teach me simple graphic design skills. So is this more his goal, or mine? Because it's kind of his fault if I don't reach it, right? ;)
- Try 30+ new wines.
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||
- Get stronger (physically).
- Become an expert on money management and budgeting. At least an expert in our own finances.
- Write a children's book. Even if it's just for my own kids.
- Send out Christmas cards every year (we are soooo bad at this).
- Finally get our Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Do something spontaneous and/or adventurous with my husband twice a month.
Nov 2015: Biked San Antonio // invited guests for Thanksgiving at the last minute
Dec 2015: tried Columbian food // walked in a parade with Bernese Mountain Dogs
Jan 2016: saw Star Wars again // bought something OFF our grocery list *gasp* Blue Bell
Feb 2016: Tom bought us Coldplay tickets // had cake for no good reason
Mar 2016: bought a kitchen // got some new phones
Apr 2016: started a kitchen renovation // bought a grill
May 2016: saw the Giants play // took an unplanned trip to IKEA
June 2016: camped overnight in a field up north // bought new appliances
July 2016: got rootbeer floats instead of groceries // stayed in an Airbnb in WI
Aug 2016: saw Needtobreathe in concert // went to a local festival
Sept 2016: looked at campers // left the house for a date at 10:30pm
Oct 2016: went to our favorite mediterranean restaurant // carved pumpkins!
Nov 2016: we got a DSLR camera // we decided to get a puppy
Dec 2016: we ate at a Culver's an hour away // we saw Rogue One
Jan 2017: we took our new puppy to an outdoor mall and got wine // we hiked
Feb 2017: went to Ponce City Market // went to Italian instead of getting groceries
Mar 2017: started a garden inside // tried Cajun food
Apr 2017: seeded grass in the backyard // went on a walk and followed it up with ice cream
- Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Do a 30 day photo challenge.
- Communicate my gratefulness and love to my husband in some way, every day.
I make him coffee every morning. #priorities
I tell him I love him all throughout the day.
- Read the Bible cover-to-cover.
- Find my inner green thumb.
We started a garden! April 2017
- Not get lame. Specifically not get "too old" for staying up late, being spontaneous, not let kids be an excuse (unless it's to get out of something lame), and not look at myself as "old."
- Go to the Kentucky Derby.
What would you add?