Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
New here? No?
Regardless, I thought it might be time to let you in on some of my life secrets. Okay, well, not exactly secrets, but a few things I bet you don't know about me. Unless you really know me. So, did you know....
- In 2011 I interned with "the world's largest music festival" (Summerfest in Milwaukee). It was one of my favorite jobs because of the adrenaline it required. Working from 9am-2am, a forty-five minute drive, for eleven days was insane and amazing.
Once, at a pre-festival concert, Tim McGraw walked right past me - like two feet in front of me - and he smelled amazing.
- I'm the youngest of seven children - I feel like I've mentioned this before. But have I told you all our names start with "J" ?
- For a long time I wanted to be a photojournalist in war zones.
- My first year in college, I majored in graphic design. I met my now-husband in my art classes! I changed majors the following year to PR, Business Comm, and Marketing.
- I sang several solos growing up, and participated in honor choirs. My voice was one of the first things Tom liked about me, actually. Freshman year as friends, I was casually singing in my dorm room with the door open and he walked in and hung out to hear more. That sounds a lot creepier than it was.
- My biggest pet peeve: the feeling of cotton (like from a t-shirt) between my teeth, or seeing someone else chew or hold a piece of clothing in their mouth. It makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it - blah! That dry, squeaky, cotton feeling on one's teeth just drives me crazy.
- I have worked at at least three places for only a single day before quitting. Bed, Bath, and Beyond was one of them. I had to climb a ten-foot ladder and swing my leg over the top. It was terrifying.
- Coldplay is my all time favorite band and I daydream about meeting them. Seeing them in concert over the summer was magical.
- I've had eighteen jobs since I started working at fifteen years old. And I only disliked five of them!
- I don't care for meals that are all one texture, which is why I don't care for pasta - it's too soft! It's a flaw in my being, I know. Though, I am not picky in any other way with food.
- My top, front six teeth are all fake (though, I tell everyone this fact, so you probably know).
- I actually loved working retail (Gap, LOFT, and grocery work) because of the fast pace and upbeat environment. It's taught me to be more patient with retail workers as a customer.
- I'm a coffee snob. And I'm not sorry about it.
- One of the strangest, most common comments I receive, is on the softness of my hands. Like the skin on my hands is really smooth or something. I've been getting this comment since middle school and I can never decide how I feel about it..?
- I love being outside and camping, but I hate bugs and humidity. Solve that riddle for me, would ya?