About Joy LynN
Joy Lynn is a community for those looking to be inspired and encouraged. It's a community for the imperfect. It's for the people who crave authenticity in a filtered, materialistic world. It's for the minimalists. The people who want to be psyched about marriage. The people who want to hear about lessons learned, and to share theirs too. For people who make mistakes. And people who like coffee (but it's not required). Joy Lynn is for you. Because it's a place for humans to be human.
What's on Joy Lynn for you?
- The difficulty in adult friendships
- A letter to the person rolling their eyes because I'm looking at my phone
- Talking about the things we don't picture in our futures and how to handle life's curves with grace
- Where do you start on the journey to minimalism?
- Why it's important to speak well of marriage
- How arguing is good for your marriage
- Why you should think twice about living together beforehand
- Dating is frustrating. Here's a letter to people still out there looking
- A home tour of our last house
- Why living smaller is great
- The reveal of our kitchen renovation (plus a cost breakdown of the whole project)
- Why we love to DIY
- How travel encourages simple living
- A few days in San Francisco, CA
- A short overnight in Savannah, GA
- A travel guide to Iceland
- The very best mug cookie
- Homemade chicken pot pie - all from scratch
- Easy, delicious Italian Florentines
- A super flavorful veggie flatbread pizza
Joy and her husband, Tom, met, dated, and married in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In late 2014, they said goodbye to the harsh winters, and moved south to the metro Atlanta, Georgia area. After only 3 years in Georgia, they were ready to roll out. In late 2017, they planted themselves in Nashville, Tennessee where they currently call home.
The Georgia move was exciting and scary and was met with its challenges, but it left a door wide open for Joy to explore the realm of career freedom. Joy decided to try her hand at blogging, writing, and photography, and has even been known to do some website designs here and there as well. She has been blessed to have the opportunity to continue to pursue these things today. Her husband, Tom, works as a User Experience Designer (here's his website if you're interested). They had their first baby on Mother's Day 2018 (a boy, Silas) after several years of infertility, and have a big, lovable dog named Hondo (who has a popular Instagram).
This blog is the culmination of Joy's greatest passions: marriage, travel, homemaking, food, life lessons... and of course, writing.
Joy is also a sinner. Thankfully, by God's grace, through faith in Jesus, she is forgiven, saved, and redeemed! Everything we do should be to the glory of God and this space is no exception.
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
If you'd like to learn more, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.